The purpose of the Mission Committee is to share the good news of the Gospel by promoting mission opportunities in our community and throughout the world, to educate our church family and community of the outreach programs and mission needs that are available to us, and to investigate and participate in new outreach and mission opportunities.
The responsibilities of the Mission Committee are to keep the community informed of our ministry and local outreach, and to invite the participation of others through sharing our faith, including (but not limited to):
1. Local mission opportunities: Barnabas, Barnabas Chaplain’s Fund/Builders Care, Council on Aging/Meals on Wheels, Nassau County Habitat for Humanity, Hope House (Salvation Army) Just for the Love of Jesus, Micah’s Place, Interfaith Dinner Network, Seamark Ranch, Shop with Cops, Soup Train, and Promised Land Ministry.
2. National mission opportunities: Gideon’s, Mission trips fro youth and adults, and joy offering
3. International Mission Opportunities: Kim Brown-Thailand, Delille family-South American Mission in Brazil, PET, Grace and Hope for Children (China), Christian Light School (Haiti) La Gonave Goat Project(Haiti), Haggai Institute and Disaster Offerings (PDA).
The Mission Committee also supports the St. Augustine Presbytery through our per capita giving, PSG (Presbytery/Synod/General Assembly) giving, and Unified Mission Giving which supports Presbytery staff, New Church Development, and the Montgomery Conference Center.
At Christmas the mission committee hosts “God’s Gift Shop” with alternative gift opportunities, highlighting several ministries, as well as participating in Operation Christmas Child (Shoebox Ministry).
FPC accepts Donations and Sponsorships for the following worthy causes (list is not exhaustive):
• Interfaith Dinner Network/Hope House
• PET Project
• Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA)
You can donate online via Paypal. You do not need to have a PayPal account to do this.