****UPDATED 7/10/20 CHECK BELOW FOR PREVIOUS UPDATES
****UPDATED 4/15/2019 REGARDING WATCHING LIVE SERVICES
You also might find it easier to start here on our LATEST NEWS page… and then just click on the video (which takes you directly to the Facebook video). Going to the Latest News page is also an easy way to look at previous videos!!
****UPDATED 3/27/202 REGARDING SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP
Right now, Sunday Morning Worship services will be streamed via Facebook at 9am on Sunday mornings. The page is open to the public. You DO NOT have to have a Facebook account to watch the stream. However, you will need an account to comment/interact. Simply follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/FirstPresFB/
If you miss the live event, the videos remain accessible after they occur. Simply scroll down to find the video.
Please let us know if you need help setting it up or getting connected.
Thank you for your patience.
Dear First Presbyterian Family,
At the session meeting last night, the decision was made to suspend onsite worship and mostly close the office to the public until further notice. We will be live-streaming for the foreseeable future as we comply with CDC recommendations for large in person gatherings. Staff members will be working from home as they are able and calls will be forwarded directly to Gayle Wood during church office hours. I will be in the office Mondays-Thursdays from 10-12 for those needing Pastoral Care
What does this mean for our community?
- Worship will be streamed from the sanctuary on the church Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/FirstPresFB/) for the foreseeable future. At this time, that includes Easter Sunday. You may make your normal offerings through our website (http://www.first-presbyterian-church-32034.org/), or send a check to the office at 9 N. 6th Street, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034. Our congregation is still actively serving Jesus Christ and the community.
- We are closing the office to the public; staff members will be working from home as they are able. Calls will be forwarded directly to Gayle during church office hours. I will be in the office Monday-Thursday from 10-12 for those who may need in person pastoral care
- No gatherings will be held at the church. We have subscribed to a service that will facilitate remote meetings. Committee chairs will give you instructions on how to call in to your meetings.\First Café has ended for the season. Join us in the fall!
- The Community Easter Celebration has been cancelled, as has the Easter Sunrise Service at Ft. Clinch Park.
- As most care facilities will not permit any guests, pastoral visitations to those facilities are not possible. Pastor Julie is “visiting” folks by phone. Congregation members are encouraged to check on and visit one another by phone.
- The Deacons are reaching out to every family in the congregation for updated contact information, and as a check in.
Your session is monitoring the guidance, and our goal is to have us return to worship together as soon as we are able. Sometimes being a good neighbor means doing things to protect others. Practicing social distancing is one way we can care for our community.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me by phone or e-mail (email@example.com).